Monday, July 27, 2009

Why would a cat eat human hair?

This may sound weird but my cat keeps on eating the hair off my daughter's head. When my daughter lays on her bed the cat comes up and takes a mouth full and chews it off. Why would a cat do this?



Why would a cat eat human hair?

There is something about the smell and texture that they like.



But PLEASE don't let your cat do that. The hairs can get wrapped up in and on internal organs and cause serious problems. Plus sometimes when they defecate the hairs hold the feces together and they can't get it all out.



It's cute but not safe for the cat.



Why would a cat eat human hair?

It could have something to do with your daughters shampoo. When I get back from the hairdresser my cats can't get enough of my hair! LOL



Why would a cat eat human hair?

I had a cat that liked to do that as well. I discovered that it was the products that I used for my hair. My cat was obsessed with things like my shampoo and my hair spray. You could try to change the type of products or the scents that you are using. When I did this my cat began to leave my hair alone over time.



Why would a cat eat human hair?

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...



hope this helps!



ps they explain that they cat gets comfort in doing this some of mine that i had to bottle feed do this too!



Why would a cat eat human hair?

It's definitely the products, as we have a cat that does the same thing. Also, cats will try to 'groom' someone they're close to, so it's obvious your cat likes your daughter. Don't let the cat eat the hair or lick the product off of it - it's probably not good for it long term. Rather than punish the cat, though, just gently disengage it, pet it and distract it. Using unscented products would be a good thing to try, too. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment